Thursday, November 27, 2008

Bird Killers

Did you know my family has a knack for killing wild birds? This past summer we found two baby birds... Both of them died. One because he was seriously sick, and the other, I think we just killed him.

Today of all days, Jefferson runs into the kitchen with the huge bird in his hands... "Mom look, I saved this bird from Zach's cat!"

Of course I couldn't just sit there and let it die so I had taken care of it all morning and early afternoon. He went from looking mostly dead to very alive. I think the thing had gone into shock due to the cat, but a little Gatorade (Gatorade has electrolytes) fixed that. =) We had a teeny tiny cage we had put him in, which was fine since he hadn't been moving to much. Melanee Kate and her friend Katie had apparently gotten him out later this afternoon and he had tried to fly away but didn't have quite enough strength. From the looks of it, he killed himself trying to escape his cage.

What a nice way to end my Thanksgiving! You have to understand that I really do love birds... Probably even more then dogs. (I mean I do love MY dog more then birds... but in general) And all our birds seem to have sad endings. Matthew flew away, Mark we gave away upon moving to Hawaii, (So Mark didn't die, but we still didn't get to keep him) Trooper died... John died... And now this one died (I refused to name it for fear it would die).

And honestly, I can't really think of any spiritual application to this right now, so if you can, please comment and let me know!

How about a little comic relief to end my sad tale? I was near the end of writing this, and Wyatt comes in my room and says, "Caroline, look! Watch! I've been working on this all day!" And proceeds to walk on his hands and feet like a chimpanzee making monkey noises... With great enthusiasm might I add.

Oh, and as far as the rest of my day... It was awesome. Dinner was amazing!! (Yes, Mexican food CAN be a successful Thanksgiving meal.) And Aunt Melly, we didn't have strawberry surprise for dessert. ;)

Caroline Ann

1 comment:

Unknown said...

someone needs to protect birds from your family, youre a danger to birds everywhere =D