Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Thailand Bound

So, I just noticed tonight that my posts from Sunday and yesterday never got published, sorry about that!

Anyway, I have needed to write this for almost two weeks but it had to wait. My mother and I are going to Thailand! My school, The Potters School, takes two annual mission trips each year. One to Thailand, and one to Honduras. This is my third year with TPS, and I finally get to go! I am terribly excited I must admit. =D We will leave January 9th and get back on the 20th.

(Below is a description of the trip, though I didn't actually write it, I just copied it from our information.)

During that week, missionary families from about 15 countries in Asia will gather for an annual conference to help them strengthen their families and disciple their children even as they serve in remote locations. Last year, over 350 missionaries (adults and kids) participated in the conference, and this year it will be larger. Our team will provide family discipleship seminars for adults and youth; plan, execute, and oversee the teen and children's program, including teaching Bible classes and related activities that teach the Gospel to the younger kids; and lead worship for the entire conference.

For many missionary families, this is their only chance during the year to receive strength directly from the greater body of Christ, or even to worship in a larger group of believers. Participating families often say that these annual family discipleship conferences are vital to helping them remain in remote assignments where they must raise their kids in challenging conditions without the support many of us take for granted. Our service will literally help keep God’s workers in the field.

Our service and ministry will continue after the conference ends, when our team travels to the mountains for a few days to experience the local Thai culture and minister to the native people. Our entire stay in the mountains is an opportunity to build relationships with Thai people, with highlights that include teaching English at a Thai elementary school and hiking to a remote tribal village of the “Karen” people (refugees of Burma) to spend the day with the families and teach the children.

So, as you may be able to see... I am stoked! And can hardly wait to see how God will use all this in my life (because I know he most definitely will!) Several things that I would love you to be praying for...

1) For all the schoolwork that I have to get done ahead of time... Especially since I will be doing a lot of it during Christmas break and that I would be able to stay focused on Jesus during this special season!

2) Please pray that God will draw our team close together, quickly! The majority of us will have never met each other.

3) For my sweet siblings as they will be by themselves doing school (so we hope). Yeah, actually that is HUGE... PLEASE, PLEASE, (can I stress this enough?) keep them in your prayers!

Thank you so much, I am really grateful that I have such a neat group of people who can and will pray for me! God bless!

Caroline Ann

No comments: