Thursday, November 20, 2008

A Peanut Butter Day




So I'm sure you are thinking, "A what day?" But let me explain.

You know, today just wasn't much fun... I got a terrible night's sleep, I have a little bit of this sickness that's been going on around our house (it's actually the neighbor's sickness, but Kate caught it from them) and I just have not felt good.

Of course no matter how I feel, school must go on. But it really hasn't. I have a bunch of reading that I had to do (which I LOVE) but with the nasty headache I've toted around today (plus my eyes tend to hurt when my head does) that has been a very slow and laborious process. Fun, right? Plus I have a lot of Math which I am now slightly behind on. (That's the tip of the iceberg) and it all adds up really quickly.

So yeah, today has been stressful, frustrating, and painful. So I resorted to peanut butter.

Now in order to understand the significance of that, you must understand that I really don't like peanut butter. I hate the way it smells, I hate the way it sticks to the roof of your mouth... I don't really like the taste. Overall, it's just gross! (Although I do loves Reese's peanut butter cups... hehe.) So RARELY do I ever have it.

But of course today, I did... A whole huge spoonful! Today was a peanut butter day. In other words, my day was (like peanut butter) really bad, so bad in fact that I was tired enough for peanut butter to sound good.

I am very grateful though, that despite my day, God was with me the whole time, He didn't just leave me admist my stress. =) You know that verse, "And surely I am with you always even to the end of the age." (Matthew 28:20) I was thinking about that today, and it really did bring comfort to my heart. And somehow, through the mess of the day, I started thinking of it this way, "And surely I am with you always, even on your peanut butter days." (I know I'm weird).

So, if you are having a bad day... Just remember, there is someone who loves you immensely and who will always be with you, no matter what. =)

Caroline Ann


P.S.
For those of you who are with me on not liking peanut butter... Don't worry, I brushed my teeth right after. I think peanut butter breath is just about as bad as the real stuff!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey darlin!! this is morgan! i just wanted to say hi and i love you sooo much and miss and really hope i get to see you after christmas!!!

i love you sweet girl!
morgan

Brenna said...

Actually, I think that peanut butter is about the greatest thing in the whole wide world, but very nice post! (This is BrennaB from TPS)

Anonymous said...

um, I didn't know you hated peanut butter THAT much although now that I think about it I might remember you saying something about how much you hate it, but anyway, I LOVE PEANUT BUTTER!!!!! that's one of the only things we TOTALLY disagree on, because I totally love peanut butter and you obviously totally don't! haha