Thursday, November 27, 2008

Thanksgiving Tease

Sorry, I know I haven't updated in a while... But there is a reason for this. I have been doing nothing but school and unplanned things all week!

This week is actually supposed to be Thanksgiving break, but I am affectionately calling it, Thanksgiving Tease. Since I am going to Thailand I have a whole bunch of school I am trying to get ahead on, therefore I have a lot on my plate... And since this Thailand thing was sort of last minute... you could say not having a Thanksgiving break was sort of unplanned. And therefore, I feel teased. Because I THOUGHT that I would have a whole, lovely week off after this long fall of school. But no, no reason for that. So yeah, I haven't a really completely school free day since August, but does it matter? No!

Ok so it does... a little bit. And I have been slightly frustrated about it this week. (Not horribly, but I really needed the break I'm not getting.) So please pray for me. On top of it all, I have had a nasty headache today. Today being the one day I didn't have anywhere to go. =(

I am grateful though, because despite the stressful amount of schoolwork that my tired brain is expected to accomplish, I will be sitting down with my family and friends tomorrow to enjoy a huge Mexican meal (for those of you who didn't know we don't have turkey on Thanksgiving... surprise!). And I won't have to worry about where the next meal will come from either. (Haha, leftovers, yeah?) And I have clean water which to drink. And as far as school =\ I can be grateful that I live in a country where getting a good education is entirely possible.

It can be so easy to thank God for the big things and take for granted the basic things in our lives (such as school and running water) that so many people don't even have access to.

So tomorrow, as you're are waiting for the blessing to be said so you can dig into your steaming plate of turkey... Thank Him for the clothes your wearing, and the chair you have to sit on.

Caroline Ann

2 comments:

Unknown said...

mexican meal.........................................................
no comment =P

Caroline Ann said...

Haha, and an amazing one at that!