Monday, November 17, 2008

Oh say can you Sing?



God is so amazing... If I do say so myself. And He has blessed our family so abundantly! This past Friday my dad was promoted to Colonel. =) It was a fairly small ceremony but there were a couple things that did really make it special.

One, that God has brought my father this far in his career. And my daddy will be the first one to tell you, (well, technically, my mom would... Because she talks more, but the point still stands.)that God doesn't need Him. God is completely sovereign and in control, and it's His life, not my dads. And I, being his daughter, am so grateful to have a father who knows this.

Two, I do have to say, we had a spectacular cake! I wish I could have saved a piece for you all, but I don't think it would have kept well being mailed across the ocean and all. But it was SO beautiful, and even more yummy!!! (Although I don't really want to contemplate even for a second how many calories it contained.)

And three, my siblings and I had the honor so sing the National Anthem at my fathers ceremony. It brought great joy to my heart!

And this brings me to the title of the post... Oh say can you sing? Well, if you know my mother very well, you know she loves to sing, and you know she sets a high standard. So, we sang the song in three parts. =P It was A LOT of work! We practiced for weeks, and weeks... and a couple more weeks. It wasn't until the last couple days that it really came together! Also, if you know our family that well, you will know that when my mom is trying to do anything with us, the four of us have this pact you see, and that someone ALWAYS has to be disobeying. Ok, well, the first part... we don't really have a pact... But the second part... Yeah, I'm thinking it's good that you weren't sitting in our living room during those practices. But the reason I say this is that I am so grateful for the persistence and perseverance of my mother... Because she by far, worked harder than any of us!

So, to wrap this up, I just want to thank BOTH of my parents, for all they do for this family, and for our great country.

Caroline Ann

1 comment:

The Thomas Troops said...

You are so worth it!
Love in Christ,
Mother