Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Ants

Have you ever seen a swarm of ants pour out of your electrical socket? If you haven't... Let me just tell you, it's DISGUSTING. Unbelievably disgusting...
We were eating lunch (Taco Bell! Yummy!) on Sunday at our dining room table when my dad all the sudden says, "Yuck, ants!" And we all look in the direction he is pointing and see hundreds of little black ants all over our wall near the electrical socket. I didn't take a picture, because I really didn't want to make your skin crawl like mine does every time I think about it.

It made me start thinking though... Shouldn't I be just as repulsed (well, more actually) at my sin? I mean, it can't look any different to God then those ants do to me! And just like the ants, sin likes to creep into our hearts where we don't even realize it until it's a huge problem.

So I started examining my own heart on Sunday and God has already shown me several big things! It's sort of humbling that he used ants to get my attention. =\ Nevertheless, I'm still grateful... Despite the bugs in my bed.

Oh yeah... They are all over the house, so if you could pray we can resolve the problem quickly... That would be great!

Caroline Ann

3 comments:

Unknown said...

try living with a constant, daily, annoying stream of ants coming into your house, everyday, in whatever food u forgot to put away, for 3 years.... you'll live =)

Caroline Ann said...

I will live, you're right. But it's still disgusting! XP Hopefully though we'll be over it in a week or so... We think it's the rain inspiring them to take refuge in our house. I unscrewed the light socket last night and found a TON more dead ants in there (we sprayed them with poisen) as well as the (whatever you call them) ant eggs... So I think they were trying to move to whole coloney in. Not going to happen! Anyway... Haha, somehow I just KNEW you would comment on this post.

Anonymous said...

Caroline, I am with you, I hate ants, I see them in Guam, well you know it is the tropical weather.

Oh by the way I love your blog