Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Bye Bye Puppy!

So, for those of you who don't know.... We had to give our precious little puppy back last Thursday night!

She had some small aggression issues, but they were slowly getting worse, despite all we were doing to prevent them.

My parents were really concerned that she would seriously bite one of us or a neighbor someday and we'd have to put her down.

She had come such a long way, but not quite far enough. Last Wednesday night she bit me. My body language was not threatening her, but she was resource guarding her leash, and when it got stuck under a door and I tried to retrieve it for her, she snapped at me. It broke the skin. Not horribly, but enough that it could really be a problem in the future.

Sorta the last straw.

Our family doesn't quit things when we start them very easily. We don't just give up when things don't work out. So this was a hard decision based on that factor as well. Not just the fact that we love our, used to be, puppy, and she'd really become a part of the family!

My mom even loved her, she doesn't even like dogs!

The above is quite a statement, it may be a once in a lifetime thing people, so feel privilege to have seen it. ; )

We were grateful though, because the lady, Mrs. Abbot, who we bought Indee from REALLY wanted her back...

Like, asked for her back, type of wanted her back.

So she does have a happy home... And she won't attack any little children since she will spend the rest of her days with her parents (Mrs. Abbot's dogs) running around the living room, and being allowed to act almost anyway she pleases.

Haha, our "joke" is that Indee thinks she went to summer camp (It really was more equivalent to boot camp actually) and came back home.

As sad as the ordeal was... We did meet Mrs. Ness! And I have not a clue what we would do without her in our lives! =D Just yesterday I had the privilege to go bake Christmas goodies with her. That woman really amazes me... I will love her forever! And Mrs. Ness, if you read this, never forget that!

Well, you now all know the sad tail (haha) of our dog. Whether it will be our only dog I know not, but I do know that whether it be a dog or a family member, HE gives and takes away, and because of HIM, my heart will choose to say, Lord blessed be your name!

Caroline Ann

The last picture of me and my puppy

1 comment:

Unknown said...

hmmm your mom continues to prove how smart she is, even though she liked Indee, im glad she doesnt like dogs =P