Friday, December 26, 2008

Christmas in Hawaii


I wrote the majority of this on Friday (the 26th) but then our power went out... Which is a different story. Anyway, sorry it took so long to finish. =)

Our Christmas was WONDERFUL! I really wasn't sure what it would be like, I mean, it wasn't snowing, there wasn't snow... it wasn't even cold! And those to me used to be some of the most important aspects of the Christmas "ambiance". It was amazing to me though, watching God quietly tell me all throughout the Christmas season, "It's about ME. Focus on me." Thankfully I listened to his advice and had one of the most memorable Christmas yet.
It really is all about Him, and the fact that he came as a little baby in order to be able to say, "You suffer? I suffered. And I suffered out of love for you." Is mind blowing. He understands it all. There is nothing on this earth that we can tell him that will take Him by surprise or not be comprehendible to Him. What an amazing God. I seriously can't wait to bow down at his feet someday.

What a privilege and honor it will be,
To live in holy eternity,
With the Christ who lived on earth and died on a tree,
Out of his love for a sinner like me.
How empty Christmas would be if it weren't for Him! The very thought of it gives my heart great joy.

As far as that picture, representing my Christmas... It was taken from our new hammock, with my new camera! =D Very exciting... Seriously though, at that moment, it felt like life could hardly get any better.

Haha, minus a husband and kids, but I suppose I need to wait patiently for that for a couple years. =P

The weather really was gorgeous! It couldn't have been prettier actually. Funny too how much i loved it, considering it was the exact opposite of my ideal winter wonderland. Isn't God good to give us variety in life? And even more so, to use that variety to teach and train us? I hope you had as marvelous a Christmas as I did!

Caroline Ann

2 comments:

Unknown said...

im sure a hammock in the cold wouldnt have been so fun, i like warm weather, though snow is nice on occasion, an occasion that needs to happen here =/

Anonymous said...

The snow just sees mo reason to make an appearence when I'm gone. That's all. It knows I'm in Hawaii... =P