Friday, October 31, 2008

My Mothers Daughter













My mother and I are being told more and more now days how much we look alike. In fact we get "you must be sisters" comments quite often. I don't really think about it because well, I live with her, and I am me, and she is she. (I know that is very poor grammar, but I couldn't help myself... It rhymed!) However, I was looking at this picture today (which was taken yesterday by Melanee Kate who is becoming quite the photographer.) and was like WHOA! It just all the sudden hit me. It made me so grateful that I have a mother who I want to look like! Not just on the outside, but more importantly on the inside! My mother has one of the most beautiful hearts I have ever seen. She isn't perfect, but she strives daily to glorify and honor God in all she says and does. Thank you mom for being such a godly example! My prayer is that not only would I continue to look more like you, but that my actions and thoughts would be an echo of yours. You are truly a Proverbs 31 woman!

Caroline Ann

2 comments:

Unknown said...

woah, I totally agree...you look like your mother! and I totally agree with the part about your mom striving for the Lord everyday.I'm so grateful that I was privileged enough to get to know your whole family in the short amount of time the Lord saw fit to give us. ok, so I told you the other day about writing a long post and then it didn't show...well I'm going to try to replicate it although it's not gonna be quit the same :D.

Mr. Thomas-Congratulations on the promotion!(my tired mind can't remember all the details but I'm very happy for you!) I thank the Lord for giving me your precious family to get to know and I hope to see all of you again...soon! God Bless.

Mrs. Thomas~You truly are like a second mommy to me and I'm inspired by your sweet spirit and loving kindness towards everyone around you. You glow with the radiance of someone filled with the Lord's love and you waste no time in showing it to others. I love you sssoo much and hope to see you soon. May God bless all the things you do.

Caroline~I feel extremely blessed to have a best friend like you. Even though you're across an ocean that could never stop our friendship-the ties are too strong. I love you deary and I hope we shall be reunited shortly <3 Lysic

Wyatt-Hey buddy, this may sound weird to you but I really do MISS YOU! It's hard not having someone to pick on at Harvester ;P haha. but seriously, you're like a little bro and I can't wait to come to Hawaii and see ya'll again. Keep growing in the Lord bud. You're a great little gentleman, keep it up.

M-Kate~I must apologize for, once again, forgetting how you spell the first part of you beautiful name! Haha. I really miss you darling! I can't wait to come see you again! and I will definitely keep my promise when I come, we'll go do something together :D Keep growing in the Lord hon, love ya.

and last but NOT least...JEFFERSON!!! :D I MISS YOU SO MUCH LITTLE BUDDY!!! I can't wait to come see you in Hawaii...I'm sure you're a million times tanner than I'll ever be!! haha. Keep the sweet spirit darling, love you so much.

~Kathryn <3

p.s. if you would be so kind as to let your family read their little messages that'd be great Care :D I can't wait to talk to you sometime when we have more than 15 minutes and you don't have to keep hanging up on me! haha, just kidding. I'll hopefully be able to talk to you sometime this weekend. oh, and you really do look great with the braces off...not that you didn't when they were on ;D well, I'll end this crazy log comment now. Love you so much! ttyl, lysic

Julie Snider said...

Wow Care... in that picture, without those braces, you *do* look like your mom. I miss you so much.
Jules