Saturday, October 18, 2008

The Bigger Picture


Mmmm, it's raining outside. That always puts me in the mood to write. If it were possible to dance with the weather, you'd find me waltzing with the storm clouds. *sighs deliciously*

Anyway... I've been meaning to post this picture... Lovely isn't it? My sweet siblings bought and picked those flowers out for me all by themselves! (I've had viral meningitis all week.) Could a big sister be more loved?

And then of course I had to take a picture of them later that night because one, I needed a picture, and two, I couldn't sleep! And just in case you are wondering, the object beside the flowers is a thermometer.

Artistically, I thought it turned out pretty well. The central focus is on the roses, but then you also have my bed in the background, and the thermometer, which pretty much symbolizes my past week.

The only problem with the picture, is it looks way too peaceful, and calm, and neat. It's missing the haggard looking girl with huge circles under her eyes, and all the medication and other such junk that had practically glued itself to my bedside table until I swept it off to take the picture.

But that "problem" made me start thinking. How often, when I come before God whether in prayer or in my bible time, do I try to show God a small picture of my heart, much like that one, and try to explain that my relationship with Him is fine, when it really is not. "Well Lord, look, we have these nice flowers, and the bed, though not made up looks ok, right? And oh yeah, uh, the thermometer, that's just a small trifle, nothing to worry about." When that is only just part of it, if you looked at the whole room, you'd see how unmade the bed truly was, and all the things that should be beside the thermometer, and the girl herself... the biggest issue of all.

I am so grateful though for the things that the Lord is doing in my life, and I am so grateful that He sent His son to help clean up the "bigger picture" in my life! I did my best to explain this analogy that God impressed upon my heart, I hope it made sense to you!

Well, the rain has stopped, and I do have a room to straighten, so I need to wrap this up. Have a great Lord's day tomorrow!

Caroline Ann

No comments: