Monday, August 16, 2010

Ripples in the Water

Isn't that a neat picture? I thought it was when I took it of Lily the other day... And the more I looked at it, I thought, there has to be a spiritual application for this!

I thought about it for two days, and then it came to me:

So if you have completely still water, and you touch it, it makes ripples. And ripples have a tendency to expand and grow bigger. And reach a much bigger amount of water than you ever could have touched with your finger.

And I think sometimes things aren't the greatest in life, and they're just sitting there, doing nothing. But when you try, make an effort, do something about it, what you did can have a bigger impact than ever imagined. Especially when you're doing something God has called you too.

I'm still praying about what God wants for me here, I don't completely know yet. But I do know, whatever it is, He wants me to make a difference--be the ripples in the water.

They start out small, but they sure can get big. (Especially when God is using you as His finger)

:)

Caroline Ann

"And so, dear brothers and sisters, I plead with you to give your bodies to God because of all he has done for you. Let them be a living and holy sacrifice—the kind he will find acceptable. This is truly the way to worship him. 2 Don’t copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will learn to know God’s will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect." Romans 12:1-2

No comments: