Thursday, August 12, 2010

Little Girls

It's fun to be a little girl. :) And to dress up. And it's fun to be a big girl, and watch the little girls grow up. :)

In the past couple months I've seen my sweet sister go from a little girl to more of a big girl. And in those couple of months Kate and I
have gone from sisters, to sister-friends. :) We're sisters (besides the genetic thing) 'cause we don't always get a long, and it's not ALWAYS fun to live together, but we're also friends. And we have a lot of fun together! It's also fun because we've started to share friends.

Yesterday I took pictures of Kate and her friends (which are also my friends) Lily and Carly.

And taking them made me think of being a little girl, and growing up. :) Little girls (at least the ones that really are little girls, not little girls trying to grow up too fast) embrace and enjoy the little things in life a lot more than a lot of the world Things like twirling around in a dress. :) (I know I've passed hours of my life this way). And using the creative minds God gave them to play, and practice for life.
(Two of my personal favorite games were children in the wilderness and baby dolls.)

And yet as little girls grow up, they don't just enjoy playing together, but being together. And talking together, and hopefully learning to fellowship and encourage each other spiritually.



And I enjoy watching them, and being a part of it. :)


And since I've mentioned my amazing not-so-little sister... Isn't she beautiful?

Caroline Ann

"Being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus." Philippians 1:6

3 comments:

JBo said...

This blog is perfect timing for me. You expressed with words exactly what I was feeling MOMENTS before I read them. I was just watching my "little" Emily chatter away about something and I got distracted by her "big girlness". My eyes filled with tears as her whole life seemed to flash before my eyes in an instant. What a joy it has been for me to be present for this journey of girl-ness! I am so excited for being witness to the journey to come! Thanks for taking the time to capture with your camera and with your words the sweetness of girls. LOVE YOU!

Mrs. Fish Boles said...

This is a beautiful post, Caroline. Thank you for sharing it with us.

Chi Chi said...

WoW. so Kate is becoming a big girl now. she is soo sweet. i will miss her being a little girl.